Faux flowers in faux water…okay, not something I normally tolerate. However, I was looking through a high-end catalog and there they were…silk flowers in, get this ‘water illusion’. Let me tell you, they were outrageously expensive but admittedly looked stunning.
Being a crafty and thrifty person, I was determined to create my own ‘illusions’ but for a fraction of the cost. Here’s how you can do the same.
- Floral resin. You can buy it on-line (here) or at your local craft sore.
- Popsicle or chop sticks.
- Wire cutters.
- Clear vase of choice.
- Faux flowers from the craft store or you can rescue some from a thrift store.
Here’s the how-to:
- Clean your vase well.
- Using a wire cutters, cut the faux flower stems to the appropriate stem length to fit into your vase.
- In a well ventilated area and following the manufacturer’s instructions, mix the floral resin in a disposable bowl using a popsicle or chop stick.
- Pour the resin into your vase – for mine I poured approximately an inch of resin into the vase.
- Insert the flower into the vase and allow the resin to dry and harden for 36 hours.