Happy Sunday! If you’re looking for a unique favor for your next event, why not repurpose some orphaned tea cups. There are a gazillion uses for these lovelies but I think they make the perfect vessels for tiny plants and look so charming. They’re perfect for give-aways at weddings or events!
- Tea cups – your cupboard, flea markets and antique stores are perfect sources for these lovelies
- Tiny plants like ferns, succulents, violets, and orchids – the selections are endless
- Moss – any craft store will carry this item
- Paper, twigs, and all-purpose glue for a place card pennant (optional of course) – again, craft stores have tons of paper options and your back yard can most likely offer up some twigs
Here’s how ya do it:
- Simply repot the plant of choice directly into the cup. It’s important to have plenty of soil around the root system of the plant.
- To conceal the dirt, add moss around the base of the plant.
- You’re done! OR you can add hand-made place cards like I did. Cut paper to the desired size and shape, write your guest’s name on the card then glue it to a tiny twig. Poke it into the cup and you’re done!