Recently I discovered chalkboard contact paper … brilliant! Really doesn’t take much to make me happy. So, in the spirit of holiday season gift giving, I created these super cute snowflake gift tags. Let me show you how to make them for your family and friends.
- Roll of contact paper
- Paper punch (mine is a circle but you can also pick up really cool tag shaped punches as well)
- Chalk pen
- Hole punch
- Card stock paper (any color will do)
- String or twine
I purchased the contact paper, and chalk pen on Amazon, although you can purchase all of the project ingredients at any craft store.
Here’s how you do it:
- Cut a piece of contact paper which will cover the card stock paper.
- Peel the backing of the contact paper and place it firmly on the paper.
- Cut the shape of your tag using the paper punch.
- Draw a snowflake or other image of choice. My method of drawing a snowflake is to simply start with an X then continue adding additional Xs on top of the first one. Then add little embellishments like dots or lines to create a unique snowflake.
- Punch a hole in the tag, add string or twine and you’re done!
I created these little succulent hostess gifts using vintage red depression glass goblets. Super fun and super easy!
Happy crafting and happy holidays!
these are super cute!!
Thank you Michelle!