It’s the night before Christmas and this creature should not be stirring but alas, here I am wrapping last-minute gifts and of course I ran out of holiday gift wrapping paper. No worries, with a roll of craft paper and a sewing machine, I whipped up these cute little paper gift bags — perfect for anything that will fit into a gift bag! What’s great about these is you can customize the size to the gift and you can use any type of paper — newspaper would look awesome too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Craft paper or newspaper
- Sewing machine
- Hole punch
- Pinking shears
Here’s how you do it:
- Cut a section of paper to accommodate the gift it will hold.
- Then fold the paper in half and using a sewing machine, run a seam up either side.
- Using a pinking shears, cut a decorative edge where the opening of the bag will be.
- Make a flap (like an envelope) by folding over the top edge of the bag.
- Using a hole punch, make two holes directly through the folded over flap. This step allows you to insert the twig which will act as the seal for the gift bag.
- Adorn with a gift tag, like my men’s necktie holiday tags (follow these instructions) and your done!
It’s easy, original and fast! Happy Holidays crafters!!!!